5.04.2011

it's been a while since i wrote a poem.


i really need to get my mind off of this kyle thing.
i need to get my life together.
i can't keep sitting around being depressed and worrying about him.
it's unhealthy.
it's only been a few days
but it feels like it's been weeks.

i think that i need to reconnect with friends
and then they can occupy my time
until everything with kyle works out.

this month is going to be a long one...

i'm currently working on my econ class.
have to do as many lessons as i can.
i'm so far behind.
maybe i really should just get my GED.

i wrote a poem... and it's been a while since i've done that... but here it is:
(i'm not posting this because i think it's good... but i feel like i need to get it out there
in the universe. maybe it'll help.)

edge of the sidewalk
by j. victoria

do you feel that aching in your heart
when you walk away
like i feel
when i watch you leave?

do you feel so cold at night
and the bed so empty
like i feel
without you here?

i walk alone on the sidewalk
but walk towards the edge
every time
so you have room to walk beside me too.

but i'm not sure if you'd want to.
though i hope you'd want to.

do you feel the lack of laughter
like i do?
the silence is crushing down on me now.

in your arms, love,
i never felt so safe.
vunerable.
because you're no where to be found.
but
i walk on the edge of the sidewalk
incase you want to walk with me too.